KATSU CHALLENGE DIVISIONS
|Level||Years of Training|
|Advanced||3 years and over|
- Black belts must register as Advanced
- Brown belts must register as Intermediate or Advanced
- Must register for one level higher than last year
|5 & Under||14 - 15 years|
|6 - 7 years||16 - 17 years|
|8 - 9 years||18 - 34 years|
|10 - 11 years||35 and over|
|12 - 13 years|
*The tournament director reserves the right to change or combine divisions if there is less than five competitors per division.
- A random pairing of competitors will perform next to one another. Advanced adults will perform individually.
- Male and female divisions will be combined except for Advanced 14-34.
- All competitors may repeat the same kata in each round.
- Beginner and Novice competitors must perform katas at their skill level. They may not perform advanced katas.
- Intermediate and Advanced kata competitors may perform any kata
- All white karate uniform with one small patch allowed on left chest.
- Competitors will wear red belt for Aka or blue belt for Ao.
- Belts will be provided for those that do not have their own.
WKF Rules Modified: applies to Beginners, Novice, Intermediate,
13 & under Advanced, and all 35+
- 1 Minute 30 Second Rounds (Stop time)
- Single Elimination
- Winner is first to reach 8 points or lead at time expiration
- Light "Skin Touch" contact is allowed with head kicks
- No one 17 and under allowed contact with head punches
WKF Rules: Advanced Divisions 14 - 34
- 2 Minute Rounds (Stop Time) for 14 - 17 PKF and WKF women
- 3 Minute Rounds (Stop Time) for WKF men
- Winner is first to have lead of 8 points or lead at time expiration
- WKF rules for contact
UNIFORM & EQUIPMENT
- All white uniform with one small patch on left chest allowed
- Mouth guard and groin protectors (males only). This will be checked in staging. Those are missing this equipment will not be allowed to compete.
- WKF style red and blue sparring gloves. Gloves will be provided for those that do not have their own.
- Red and blue belts. Belts will be provided for those that do not have their own.
- White foam helmets are mandatory for competitors 9 and under. Helmets will be provided for those that don't have their own.
- WKF or USANKF approved foot protectors are optional